Are you looking for a solution to fix server DNS address could not be found error? Then you have landed on perfect post because we are going to share with you TOP 5 METHODS to fix DNS address could not be found windows 10 and other windows OS.
This error is part of Hosting and Domain server configurations and most of the time bloggers and website developers found this error on their daily job but how many of them know the real solution to this issue.
DNS Address Could Not Be Found – Fix Methods
Before we will share perfect methods to resolve server DNS address could not be found GoDaddy or any other hosting company error, we would like to explain exactly what is DNS and why this error comes in front of us.
What is DNS?
DNS stands for “Domain Name Server” and we found error when it is not able to connect with website IP address.
Generally, when you browse any website, the first step a browser does is reach out to DNS server which connects with hosting IP address and when this connection doesn’t work properly then you found an error called “DNS Address Could Not Be Found”.
And you won’t be able to visit that website until unless the owner resolve this issue and you might see this kind of error message on the screen.
This site can’t be reached
outlook.com’s server DNS address could not be found
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy, firewall, and DNS configuration
Running Connectivity Diagnostics
As you can check in above image where error found that this error also provides some quick solutions and sometimes following above steps might resolve your issue so let’s dig into this practice.
- First, clear your browser caches and cookies from your Windows or Mac.
- Eliminate unnecessary chrome extensions which might stop your browsing path.
- Make sure your internet is working fine. (Check Manually too)
Now let’s try our methods to fix server DNS address could not be found the error.
How to Fix “DNS Address Could Not Be Found” Error?
We strongly suggest you take backup of everything before you performing any method below:
Method #1: Edit Windows Host File As Administrator.
- Press Windows Key + Q and type Notepad and right-click on it then select Run as Administrator.
- Now click on file then open and find this location – “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”.
- Select All Files from file type.
- Now select Hosts file and open it.
- Delete all words after last # (Example: Below)
- Now tap on File – Save and then close the Notepad file and restart your PC.
Method #2: Disable your Proxy Settings
- Direct Press Windows Key + R then type msconfig and click OK.
- Choose boot tab and click on Safe Boot then click Apply & OK.
- Now Restart your PC and one again Press Windows key + R and type cpl
- Hit enter and open internet properties and from there choose Connections.
- Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN” and click OK.
- Again open msconfig and uncheck safe boot option and click Apply & OK.
- Restart your PC and we hope now your DNS Address Could Not Be Found error will fix.
Method 3. Enable Google DNS
Method #3: Enable Google DNS
- Open Control Panel and tap on Network and Internet.
- Next, click Network and Sharing Center then tap on Change adapter settings.
- Select your Wi-Fi then double tap on the wifi icon and select
- Now scroll down and choose Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click properties.
- Check mark “Use the following DNS server address” and type below codes:
- Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
Now close everything and restart your PC and check whether the issue resolved or not.
–> Find More Solutions Here
So these are the best methods we have to for you which helps you to fix server dns address could not be found and enjoy surfing again. We hope now you can do this by your hands and never need a geeky friend to do this for you.
So guys, now you have perfect solution for dns address could not be found in windows 10, and windows 7 and so on. If you have more issues like this then you can drop your queries in the comment section or contact us via our contact us page.
So finally if you like this and you found it useful then share it on social media to help others via this post. Also don’t forget to follow us on social media handles to get upcoming tech guides.