Hello, friends welcome to askmepost. Today I want to share a How to use BHIM Mobile payment App. Developed by National Payments Corporation of India, the Aadhaar-linked BHIM mobile app is based on the Unified Payment Interface. This will facilitate the process of digital payments by using the Aadhaar number linked to bank account.
It will allow every Indian citizen to transact digitally using their thumb imprint on a merchants’ biometric-enabled device. According to Modi, the BHIM App is positively impacting several lives across the country. Soon after the announcement, the NPCI said the app is now available on google play store and iOS.
Reflecting on the development, NPCI managing director and CEO AP Hota said, “This will directly cater to about 40 crore bank account customers spread across the country whose account is linked with Aadhaar. It is a huge opportunity for enabling digital transactions as about 99 percent of the adult population is now aadhaar enabled.”
The organization also said that over 30 banks are participating on BHIM Aadhaar and that more member banks are expected to join them soon.
At a program in New Delhi on Friday, Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the mobile payment app BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money). Developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), BHIM is an aggregator for all UPI-based services offered by banks.
READ ALSO:- How To Fix Problems With The New OnePlus 3T
UPI, or Unified Payment Interface, is a payment system that allows money transfer between any two bank accounts by using a smartphone. UPI allows a customer to pay directly from a bank account to different merchants, both online and offline, without the hassle of typing credit card details, IFSC code, or net banking/wallet passwords.
How To Use the BHIM App
- Android users can download the application from Play Store by searching for ‘BHIM’. The app is not available for iOS users yet.
- Install the application and choose your language. The app will prompt you to verify your phone number using an SMS. Click on Next and wait for the verification process to be completed.
- Once the verification is complete, input a four digit passcode.
- After a passcode is set, the app will ask you to select your bank. Once the bank is selected, the app automatically picks up your details using your phone number. Select the primary bank account that will be used for all your transactions.
- The app displays three options send, request and scan/pay. Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
- To send money to someone, type in their phone number and the amount to be transferred. The app will prompt you to input your MPIN, usually a four or a six digit code that authenticates a mobile transaction.
- Likewise, you can request money from someone, using their phone number.
- The third option, scan & pay, allows users to transfer money using a QR code, a two-dimensional black and white barcode which can be decoded by a smartphone or a tablet. Each phone number is assigned a QR code which can be accessed under profile on the home screen.